Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Green Lantern: Better late than never





I don't have much to say about a movie I didn't care much about to begin with. With time to kill on my husbands fathers day, I went in just wanting to be entertained for a couple of hours.

Although it didn't entertain quite as well as I hoped, it wasn't the worst.

I noticed a couple things that if I were to be a fan, would have made me pissed. Hector Hammond's backstory is basically non existent. They never let us in on the relationships he had with Hal and Carol growing up. Which made me wonder what the point of him being there was anyway.

The thing that bothered me the most was this: So much potential for bad ass battles, but not a lot was offered. I spent a good deal of the movie imagining things of my own that would have been a hundred times better than...a racetrack?


The film feels barren as a whole, like enormous pieces of it are missing.

I won't end this without commenting on Ryan Reynolds, the brotha did alright (that might be a bit biased on account of I got to see him in nothing but his underwear) He didn't wow me, but he did well enough.

In the end this felt more like a setback than a success for DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment