Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Mighty - Fear Itself


The Ronin here,

HOLY FUCK!

With three issues left and a lot of plot to go in "Fear Itself" this teaser was released by Marvel today and seems to show the Avengers powered up with weapons and armor similar to 'The Worthy'.

Most of the Avengers seem to be identifiable pretty easily. Clearly Ms Marvel (who looks awesome by the way, hell yes), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Wolverine, Hawkeye and Spider-Man. Which leaves two presumably female Avengers left. Good money is on the big one being She-Hulk, the smaller one? Could it be Jessica Jones? That would be my guess. Notably Captain America and Thor are missing.

Thor already has top level Asgardian power and a mystic weapon, but no cool tron armor, So I imagine he will be fighting the Serpent himself. But what about Captain America? So do they get this stuff from Odin? Holy shit if so then Odin has been holding out on them this whole time. Wait, if Odin could empower Earth's heroes to fight the Serpent then why was he so hell bent on leaving Earth and burning it? Goddamnit, I need to stop thinking about these things so that I can keep enjoying the series.

Also where the hell is Luke Cage?

Either way the Avengers will need the extra power to defeat 'the Worthy', especially the Juggernaut who seems to be able to fight Speed Ball, the Initiative, the Thunderbolts and the X-Men all at the same time and in different places.

Wait a minute, new bosses that are hard to defeat so the characters have to get stronger magic weapons and armor to defeat them? Bosses that can be attempted by various teams at the exact same time but by themselves? Holy fuck the Marvel Universe has become the World of Warcraft.

PS: Ms Marvel is going to be AWESOME

4 comments:

  1. I think the other girl could be invisiable woman, she do have a connection to one of the worthy(the thing) so that could be a possiblity. Every1 else I agree with I believe you nailed who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue Storm! I did not even think about that. I guess shes about as much of an Avenger as She-Hulk, and she has a personal stake in it with the Thing all eviled up.

    Excellent Guess.

    And I assume if it was Spider Woman she'd be more noticeable, but I guess it could be her.

    And It would seem weird to see Jessica Jones there with out Luke Cage.

    Also It was pointed out to me today (by my father) that Doctor Strange's staff is a 'Rod of Asclepius' (stick with two snakes wrapped around it, a symbol for Doctors) I completely missed that originally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The big girl could be Red She Hulk too, and the smaller girl could be Mockingbird (she just leveled up from what I can tell in New Avengers) or Black Widow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and it was... DUN DUN DUN Red She-Hulk and Black Widow

    ReplyDelete